The Maine Adult Education Association is a professional organization that advocates for adult education locally, statewide, and nationally and supports its members in order to meet the educational needs of Maine’s adults.
We do this by:
- Advocacy for continuing educational opportunities for Maine adults in the 21st century.
- Promotion of and encouragement for professional development among adult educators, including a statewide conference.
- Advocacy for the development and improvement of the quality of adult and community education in Maine.
- Fostering communication and networking among members.
- Providing a program of activity with local, state and national policymakers necessary to achieve the purposes of the organization.